As our class sizes have been dramatically impacted by social distancing and sanitation procedures, we ask that you are extremely diligent about your registrations and attendance.
Most humans once learned to swim and they didn't go in with the ability or know-how to do it! The majority of our clients start with what they would refer to as "zero" upper body and core strength and that's ok, you don't need it to start! If you do come in with a strong fitness background, you may simply progress faster. Our levels are NOT designed to be done in one session, you progress to the next level when you are physically ready to safely move up. Every body is unique and together we can identify your strengths. Physical strength is not the only thing you will work on, there are many facets to our Pole, Aerial & Dance programs! The mix of creative, emotional, mental and physical work is truly unique! Send us your "but"s, we can answer them!
When it comes to Pole/Aerial, by far our most commonly asked question is "What is best for (a beginner, a clumsy person, an out of shape person, a person with mobility challenges, insert your own)?". The short answer is there is no short answer! That's why we are here to help! Our FAQ's and Class Descriptions are a good start but we'd love to give you advice on where to start! First off we need to know what intrigued you the most, that way we can help you find a path to it (or as close as possible at least!). If you are truly just up for anything, we have a lot to try, so let's get started!
YES! FLY is a non-judgmental, diverse studio that is open to all genders, shapes and sizes. Our current clients range in age from 7 to 65+. Anyone with basic mobility can come to FLY!
◦ POLE & FABPOLE SILKS: Shorts! Please wear or bring short shorts with you. Alternatively, when just starting out leggings will work if you can pull them up above the knee! Covering the armpits is highly recommended for FabPole Silks.
◦ AERIAL HOOP, SLING & SILKS: Leggings! You can wear shorts if you prefer. Absolutely nothing too loose - it will only twist and tangle and cause sadness.
◦ Classes are done in bare feet, unless noted. Socks are okay in some classes but depending on the type of class they can actually be dangerous. Leg warmers are always okay!
◦ Your own yoga mat (depending on the class and if you like to use one) and a water bottle (studio mats are unavailable at this time).
◦ Notebooks are always recommended to document your journey! Of course you can also use an app!
◦ We also encourage and are happy to help you document your journey in photos and we love when you share them with us on social media by tagging us and using hash tag #flyfitregina. Please don't be shy about asking for assistance taking photos of your new moves at the end of a class as we love celebrating your accomplishments with you! We only ask that you respect others around you by ensuring other clients are not included in photos/videos you intend to share without their permission.
FLY is about variety! We also believe in a balanced approach to health and movement. For this reason, we offer a full complement of Fitness & Recovery classes. Because we have clients who are only interested in Pole, Aerial & Dance and we also have clients who are only interested in Fitness & Recovery, as well as clients who are interested in both, we have several package options to meet individual needs! Get in touch and we will be happy to recommend the best fit for what you are looking for!
Please contact us! We are happy to assess where you are at and where you would fit in within our curriculum's.
YES! This is to ensure there is adequate space in classes and for instructors to be prepared. Additionally, if a class is empty up to 36 hours before it runs it will be cancelled, so we need to know if you plan on coming (even if you end up cancelling within the time limit of 8 hours)! This policy also applies to jams!
Our Pole, Aerial & Dance classes run in 6 week sessions for adults and 12 weeks for Juniors. We allow drop-in classes in our Level 1 FLY Adult classes and offer several opportunities for both Adults and Juniors (TRY FLY sessions, Workshops and Day Camps) to try things out prior to making the commitment. Our Fitness & Recovery classes are always available for drop-ins but watch for special offers for specific sessions at great prices! If you don't see a class that interests you at a time that works for you feel free to let us know! We always consider feedback when building our schedule and make adjustments to the best of our ability based on clients' needs.
Make up classes are allowed based on availability of class times and space. In order to use a make up class you are required to mark yourself or report your absence within the cancellation policy. No shows do not qualify for a make up! You would then re-book for another class at your level or below (within 6 months) and the credit will be applied. If you cancel a Fitness & Recovery class within the allowable time, you will be able to book a future class in its place within 6 months.
Our level 1s start out with the very basics and build strength and confidence to start leaving the ground. Some classes are definitely more challenging than others (see faq on "What is good for (______)?". Going from level 1 to level 2 and so on requires pre-requisite moves which are in place to keep you safe and feeling confident. There is no rush to go up a level. Some learn fast or have prior complimentary experience and are ready for the next level after just 1 round but the average for repeating a level is 2 times. This can be longer for Juniors as there aren't as many levels in the program. There is no rush to move up! You will benefit much more from solidifying moves in your current level so that you can progress faster and safer when you are in the next level up.
Class packages are valid for 6 months. The 6 months begin from the date of first use (if you purchase more credits before all your credits expire that does not change the expiry of your previous credits). In the case of short term circumstances, that expiration date may be extended on a case by case basis. Class credits are not available for refund except in extreme circumstances, such as a permanent move out of Regina or long term injury.